Junior Web Developer
Copass is looking for junior web developers to work hand in hand with our CTO. Now boarding !
A new way to live and work is emerging. while information technologies enable us to work from virtually anywhere at anytime, there has never been such a need for physical places and in real life communities. Coworking, fablabs, hacker spaces, bio hacker spaces, maker spaces and other likeminded spaces have been developing at high speed these last few years, laying down the infrastructure for a completely new way of creating value.
Hundreds of thousands of people have already been impacted by this movement and we want to take the movement one step further. We want to connect collaborative spaces and people to enable this new type of workers to work from any of the spaces of the network with one single membership.
To do that, we’re building a platform. More than 100 spaces have already joined Copass and a bunch of people now waiting for us to launch the product. We launched our private alpha a few weeks ago and are now geared towards growth. We will open the platform to the public in the coming weeks and possibly release a mobile application later on. Our platform has been developed using Ruby on rails.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-stack junior developer to support our CTO on a daily basis. You will join our team in Paris, and will work in one of the most famous coworking space in the city: Mutinerie. You will also have the opportunity to travel to several other locations in Europe to meet our members and space managers. Working with us, you will contribute to a promising and exciting project. You’ll help us build a totally new way to live and work.
front-end and back-end development of the platform.
Copass is based on Ruby on Rails and will develop a mobile app soon. Working hand in hand with our wonderful CTO, you will play with the code behind Copass. You will have the chance to work within an exciting team on a fantastic project and to get to know how to build and improve a product.
- Develop and implement new features and modules on the website
- Optimization of existing modules and features
- Improvement of the design and front-end experience for our users
- Design and Development of back-end tracking and reporting tools to monitor our activity
- Develop Open-Source tools
- Contribute to the overall IT strategy of the company
Team : You’ll join the teams of the 4 co-founders of the project. Other teammates will join us in the coming months. You’ll mainly work at the famous Parisian coworking space Mutinerie, but you’ll have the chance to travel and work from different locations on a regular basis.
Duration : 6 months. You’ll start as soon as possible
Skills required :
- Student (or graduate) in Engineering/computer science
- Good english speaking and writing skills
- Full-stack developer profile
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies: Ruby on rails, javascipt, node.js, PHP, JSP (Java), Django (Python) or others
- Experience in web mobile and/or native mobile is a plus: Responsive Design, PhoneGap or iOS/Android
- Detail oriented
- Curious, enthusiast, creative, open-minded, original
Location of the internship : You will be based in Paris but will have the chance to move to different cities with the team and to do work remotely if you wish.
Compensation : to be discussed
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org